From Mock-up To Professional System
- Work with your original ideas and back-of-an-envelope designs from any level of knowledge
- Happy to chat in non-technical terms and discuss what's possible
- Over 15 years of experience in a range of sectors
- Pricing and delivery strategy specifically designed around a range of budgets and department sizes
- Organically developed Excel-based systems converted to a solid, professional web-based solution
- Prototype concepts developed
- Old, tired systems analysed and re-developed
- A wide portfolio of software and modules we can demo and use as building blocks for your new system
- Reviews for new and existing systems for compliance
- New systems developed with compliance by design
- Subject Access Request (SAR) tracking systems to help manage your processes
- Privacy Impact Assessments carried out on new and existing systems
- Development of systems to comply with the Right To Be Forgotten and other individuals' rights
- Continual Security Assistance and Process Review
- GDPR data providing and hosting contract and guarantees to cover your compliance
Progressive Web Apps
- Work for every user, regardless of browser choice because they’re built with progressive enhancement as a core tenet
- Fit any form factor: desktop, mobile, tablet, or forms yet to emerge
- Service workers allow work offline, or on low quality networks
- Feel like an app to the user with app-style interactions and navigation
- Always up-to-date thanks to the service worker update process
- Served via HTTPS to prevent snooping and ensure content hasn’t been tampered with
- Are identifiable as “applications” thanks to W3C manifests and service worker registration scope allowing search engines to find them
- Make re-engagement easy through features like push notifications
- Allow users to “keep” apps they find most useful on their home screen without the hassle of an app store
- Easily shared via a URL and do not require complex installation
Ruby on Rails
- The process of RoR programming is faster than with other frameworks and languages because of the object-oriented nature of Ruby and the huge collection of open source code developed by the Rails community.
- Rails conventions makes it easier for developers to move between Rails projects, as each project follows the same structure and coding practices.
- Rails is good for rapid application development (RAD) allowing changes to be made easily by taking advantage of the modular approach.
- Ruby code is very readable and almost self-documenting meaning there is not the same need to stick hook-and-claw to a pre-written specification.
- Rails has developed a strong focus on automatic testing so any changes can be checked across the whole system as soon as they are made
- Rails and most of its libraries are open source, so there are no licensing costs, and a lively community is constantly adding to the framework
Unleash Strategic Vision by Taking Control of Data
The Terrabase approach is all about shifting the confusion from data, moving it out of inflexible spreadsheet based systems by engineering data and interfaces to work together - in the cloud and in the office. By eliminating information inertia and simplifying
data interrogation, Terrabase bespoke software enables its users - Government, Corporate and SME organisations around the country - to accelerate decision-making and create added opportunities for mission fulfilment.
Cheshire West and Chester Council
Since 2003 we have created a range of web and desktop solutions
Coventry City Council
We work with the Adult Learning department to produce statistics for managers and Ofsted
Cheshire East Council
Our solutions include Moodle and Quality Assurance software
Our solutions can be accessed wherever they are needed, across different sites and venues, or at home
City Institutions and Blue Chip
We have been in operation since 1999 and in that time have worked with a wide range of organisations
Imperial College London
We designed and built a student management system to operate across all the students in the University
Terrabase Engineered Systems
The performance designed into every Terrabase engineered system helps organisations reduce risks and focus their delivery. These systems deploy easily, integrate seamlessly with existing IT environments, and provide the kind of user experience that helps
managers and their staff do what they need to do faster, better and more efficiently.
Terrabase systems can be hosted in the cloud by leading Internet Service Providers trusted by Government organisations around Europe to deliver excellent performance and security, or can be hosted internally within organisational systems. Hosting in the
cloud simplifies delivery, and adds to flexibility and availability.
Terrabase systems are designed to revolutionise workflow by taking the power inherent in complex, home-grown spreadsheets, taking that expertise and distributing it to the future.
They act to remove intrinsic risk from layers of calculations and data manipulation producing a robust presentation layer with repeatable and explainable results. This in turn produces a secure and valuable data- infrastructure as an organisational asset
to be passed on to tomorrow's stakeholders.
Terrabase bespoke software solutions look to create simplicity by gathering vital tools into a single intuitive concept with secure zones of access. This in turn simplifies structures and models that control the data and ultimately deliver the clear management
overviews required for confident decision-making. The systems are designed to be consistent in style and process. This is to help drive forward the organisation ethos and take advantage of previously learned skills through proven workflows and expertise.
The Terrabase analysis process involves identifying mission-critical risks and bringing them out for resolution. Terrabase bespoke software is software created to move forward in environments of continual improvement and change, software that stays
ahead of the curve, literally re-conceptualising the workplace.
Need to Know
The systems work to store staff expertise within a single organisational knowledge system facilitating the seamless transfer of roles as people migrate. Training and education is built into the solutions by aiming to all but eliminate learning curves
and unnecessary manual re-processing, or 'excise'. Excise is identified and cut-out to create a productive and flow-based experience.
A Terrabase engineered solution is designed to take advice from today's workflow patterns, today's experience. This is to create the opportunities to incorporate tomorrow's innovation and tomorrow's value generating methodologies. Our mission is to embrace
new ways of excelling and to keep spearheading multiple sectors. To create systems that can be mobilised to parallel workflows across the organisation and where possible applied to sister organisations.