bespoke web-based systems for departments and small businesses
1. At Terrabase Ltd, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
2. This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit terrabase.co.uk, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
3. We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
4. Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Terrabase Ltd, 2nd Floor Refuge House, 33-37 Watergate Row, Chester CH1 2LE. Alternatively, you can telephone 01244 940657.
5. Who are we? We’re Terrabase Ltd, a software development company with customers all over the UK and we specialise in web-based database systems. Terrabase Ltd is a limited company (no. 04612938). The registered address is 2nd Floor Refuge House, 33-37 Watergate Row, Chester CH1 2LE.
6. How do we collect information from you? We obtain information about you when you use terrabase.co.uk, for example, when you create an account and interact with the services.
7. What type of information is collected from you? The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
8. How is your information used? We may use your information to:
(a) to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
(b) seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
(c) notify you of changes to our services;
(d) send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
9. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
10. Who has access to your information?
(a) We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
(b) We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
11. Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the Terrabase Ltd for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
12. We will always be explicit on how we will use your information and will always only use it in ways you have clearly agreed to.
14. Your choices
(a) You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our services, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
(b) We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time using your account settings in the system, or by contacting us by email: email@example.com or telephone on 01244 940657.
15. How you can access and update your information
(a) The accuracy of your information is important to us. You can view and change most of the information we hold on you by going into your account settings and working with the tools there, or please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at: Terrabase Ltd, 2nd Floor Refuge House, 33-37 Watergate Row, Chester CH1 2LE. Alternatively, you can telephone 01244 940657.
(b) You have the right to ask for a copy of the information Terrabase Ltd hold about you.
16. Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
(a) When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with 256 Bit encryption on SSL. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on the bottom of web browsers.
(b) Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
17. Profiling: We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
18. Use of 'cookies'
(b) It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies of will result in a loss of functionality when using the terrabase.co.uk website.
19. Links to other websites
(b) In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
20. 16 or Under: We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
21. Transferring your information outside of the UK
(a) As part of the services offered to you through the terrabase.co.uk website, we attempt to ensure the information which you provide does not pass out of the United Kingdom (“UK”). Our servers are all UK based and all data transfers between our servers and your application are encrypted across the internet. There are some unavoidable security risks, for example when information is sent by email, which is a non-secure protocol. We advise whenever this is the case and work with you to keep risks to a minimum.
(b) If you use our services while you are outside the UK, your information may be transferred outside the UK in order to provide you with those services.
22. Website recording: Our application may also use the Google Analytics web site recording service. Google Analytics is a product that has been developed by Google Inc. It may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected does not include bank details or any sensitive personal data. Data collected by Google Analytics from the terrabase.co.uk website is for Terrabase Ltd’s internal use only. The information collected is used to improve the system usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
23. Review of this Policy: We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in January 2019.